Caleb is the Managing Partner in CDF Trust and Consulting BV, an Investment Advisory Platform and Private Equity management firm since 2010. He is a Non-Executive Director of RioZim Limited, RioGold and RioEnergy. RioZim is a listed Mining Group on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. Caleb chairs the Audit and Risk Committee and the Remuneration Committee of the RioZim Board. He is advising RioZim on Sengwa Power Station a USD 1,5 billion dollars project. He is also Chairman of Cellulant Zimbabwe (Private) Limited a mobile payments platform.
Prior to the formation of CDF Trust in 2010, Caleb was a development banking and finance professional for 22 years. He worked for international and regional development banks. He worked for Amsterdam based Common Fund for Commodities and Nairobi based PTA Bank. Before going international, Caleb worked for Urban Development Corporation and Government of Zimbabwe
Caleb is a Fellow of the British Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (FCIS) and has Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and has Post Graduate Training in Advanced Financial Management Techniques for Public Enterprises. Caleb attended the University of Zimbabwe and Strathclyde Graduate Business School, Glasgow, Scotland.
Track Record Caleb
- Set-up a Greenfield Coal Mining Company in Zimbabwe that is now the largest coal producer in the country in 2010. First Chairman and promoter of the project worth USD 40 million at inception.
- Advised Haskell Group to sell a Platinum Project to Great Dyke Investments a Russian Consortium in 2013 – Total Value of the project at the time USD 35 million.
- Setup and Invested in Cellulant Zimbabwe a Pan African Mobile Payments Platform in collaboration with Cellulant International of Mauritius in 2012 – Project worth USD 3 million at inception.
- Official Advisors of RioEnergy on the Construction and Installation of Sengwa Power Station – Project worth USD 1,5 billion – Still on going.
- Official Advisors of RioEnergy on the setting up of Sengwa Colliery Mine – Project worth USD 105 million – Still on going.
- Lead Advisor is the setting up a Zimbabwe focused Private Equity Fund. The target is to raise USD 300 million.